So I made it to France. I`m in an internet cafe thing in Bourgoin Jallieu. I got to Paris yesterday morning, found the train to Lyon, and got to Lyon without too many problems. I had to take a taxi to my hotel because the metro people were on strike or something - I don`t really know, but it wasn`t working. My hotel was nice. I had my own bathroom and a little tiny balcony. I fell asleep as soon as I got to the hotel, so I didn`t end up seeing much in Lyon. When I woke up this morning, I went to the train station again and somehow managed to find Ellie, another English assistant in Bourgoin. We took the train here togehter and then her teacher contact person picked us up, took us to lunch, and brought us to the house we are renting. It`s a really cute house - it has 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, a WC, a bathroom and a living room. There are tons of windows. It`s already furnished which is really great. We go to Grenoble tomorrow morning for orientation.
My internet is almost done, so I have to go. More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray, I'm glad you got there safely. French keyboards are difficult, but thanks to your 3 1/2 months in Morocco, I know you're an expert :-)
ReplyDeleteYAY! You didn't die! Everything worked out! I won't say I told you so....but seriously. I am sooo happy for you. Your house sounds awesome! Post pictures as soon as you can!
ReplyDelete