Hello again!
Thought I'd write really quick about rugby yesterday. It was lots of fun. The team played a team in Lyon and it was apparently a really big game. We were ranked first in the division and this team was second, so to keep being first we had to beat them. (It was something like that at least - I didn't understand everything and didn't want to freak anyone out by asking why this match was such a big deal). Anyway, it turned out really well and our team won. Everyone played really well and it was a fun match to watch.
After the match, we headed back to Bourgoin and went to the rugby bar, which was also fun. We sang French rugby songs. They tried to teach me the words and I learned some of them. I suppose I'll just have to keep hanging out with the team after matches if I want to learn any of the songs. It was a pretty good time. It was also still early, so we were some of the only people at the bar, so the bartender came out and sang some songs with us too. (Linnea told me that he's originally from England, but he's been in France for a really long time - I haven't talked to him yet, but that sounds reasonable).
Anyway, Sunday was a really fun day, even if it did make me even more anxious to get my social security number. I really really want to play rugby soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! Hey, what is your rugby team's name? Your mascot? Your colors?
ReplyDeleteOur team doesn't have a mascot or name (well, other than the Bourgoin women's rugby team). Our colors are "ciel and grenat" which are sky and garnet. The socks are light blue, the shorts are maroon, and the jerseys are both colors. Go rugby. I wish there were fun French cheers - so far nothing is as catchy as "drink blood, smoke crack..."
ReplyDelete