Hello!
It's April break now. I'm supposed to be in Spain with my friend Zoe, but the trains went on strike, so instead we are in Grenoble. SNCF has been on strike for over a week now. It's getting kind of old. On Monday, I met Zoe in Lyon and we were supposed to get to Toulouse and then Andorra. But, since France is just so much fun, our train to Toulouse was changed to a train to Montpellier then a 2 1/2 layover then a train to Toulouse, getting in after our train to Andorra had already left. On top of that, the new train to Montpellier was an hour and a half late. We hung around and waited for it and when it finally did get there, it was so full that we coulnd't even get on. There were people packed into the train like sardines. So we decided instead to go have lunch and then get back to Bourgoin. We hung out in Bourgoin (playing frisbee, eating discount Easter chocolate) on Monday and Tuesday, and then today we took the train down to Grenoble. If the trains ever start running reliably again, we're going to try to go to Avingon or somewhere we haven't been yet. Otherwise, we'll just have a fun vacation at home.
Other news:
- I played in 2 more rugby matches and we won both of them. They were lots of fun. My team was very happy that we won.
- I'm going to Univeristy of Minnesota in the fall for law school. I'm super excited. I can't wait to go back to school and have real classes again.
- I'm going to Brittany this summer to work on 3 different organic farms with Andrew. I think it will be really fun, but I'm also kind of concerned that there won't be reliable hot water, electricity, or internet anywhere nearby. Still, I'm really looking forward to it and hope I get to learn cool things like how to brew beer. (the first couple we're staying with brews beer and said they'd teach us).
Other than that, everything is the same here. Linnea and Ellie and I are slowly getting ready to move out of our house. I've canceled the internet starting on May 1st, we have to meet with our landlady, and we have to get all of our stuff into our suitcases. The last thing could be interesting. I'm not sure if it will all fit.
Time to go now. Zoe and I are watching a silly British detective show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment